Bladder Cancer Testing in Dallas, TX
As with other forms of cancer, bladder cancer is a product of a mutation within the cells that make up the bladder’s tissue. This mutation typically results in the formation of a cancerous tumor, which can be difficult to detect early on since there is no way to view the internal structure of the bladder without imaging tests such as an MRI.
For over 15 years, Southwest Diagnostic Center for Molecular Imaging has provided patients in Dallas, TX with the latest in diagnostic imaging technology. Our highly-trained radiologists specialize in state-of-the-art testing procedures to test patients for bladder cancer cancer. Our goal is to provide every patient with the best degree of possible care. For more information, contact our diagnostic imaging center at (214) 345-8300 and schedule an appointment today!
What Are the Symptoms of Bladder Cancer?
Bladder cancer most commonly causes the following symptoms:
- Finding blood in urine which causes urine to look rusty or dark red.
- Feeling an urgent need to empty your bladder more often than usual
- Feeling pain when you use the restroom
What Are The Risk Factors for Bladder Cancer?
When getting diagnosed with any cancer, it’s natural to wonder what caused the disease. Though there is not one definite answer, there are risk factors that may have caused the disease such as:
- Smoking. Smoking tobacco is the most common risk factor in bladder cancer.
- Working around chemicals. People who work in the dye, rubber, chemical, metal, textile and leather industries have an increased risk of getting bladder cancers because the chemicals they are working with may be cancer-causing.
- Family history of bladder cancer. People with family members who had bladder cancer or having a personal history with bladder cancer increases the risk of getting bladder cancer.
- Arsenic. Arsenic may be found in drinking water in some areas of the world.
What Are the Bladder Cancer Stages & Treatment?
In order to properly treat bladder cancer, your doctor needs to learn the extent of the disease. The stages of bladder cancer are:
- Stage 0. The cancer cells are found only on the surface of the inner lining of the bladder.
- Stage I. The tumor has grown deeper into the lining of the bladder.
- Stage II. The tumor has invaded the muscle layer of the bladder.
- Stage III. The tumor has grown through the muscle to tissues near the bladder.
- Stage IV. The tumor has invaded the wall of the pelvis or abdomen, but has not spread to the lymph nodes.
Depending on the stage, your doctor will treat bladder cancer with surgery, chemotherapy, biological therapy or radiation therapy.
Consult your doctor today for a referral if you feel you may have bladder cancer.
Schedule an Appointment for Bladder Cancer Screening in Dallas, TX
Southwest Diagnostic Center for Molecular Imaging offers comprehensive PET and CT scans to patients in need of cancer diagnosis in Dallas, TX. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please contact our molecular imaging center at (214) 345-8300 today!